As we mentioned in the previous blog "ITEAD OS And SDK Introduction", we customized a linux system for Iteaduino Plus A10, and the various branches of properties are to facilitate developers and DIY users for rapid prototyping developments with Iteaduino Plus A10 platform. This version supports running ITEAD OS in Micro-SD card only, which cannot run on NAND FLASH just like Raspberry Pi, so that the system developed and project files can be taken along with you at all times and they can keep working after the card is inserted into any Iteaduino Plus A10.
Here we would like to give a brief introduction to some of the features of ITEAD OS version 1.0.0 and the SDK :
- Kernel : linux-sunxi-3.4.67
- CPU performance optimized, running at fixed 1.0GHz
- Preloaded Driver for WiFi adapter of chip RTL8188EU
- Preloaded Chinese font
- Automatic memory expansion script based on the actual memory of Micro-SD card
- Clock automatically synchronized with Internet Time Server
- ITEAD OS SDK development kit provides support for simple GPIO operations
- ITEAD OS SDK development kit provides support for GPIO 8-bit / 16-bit bus operations
- ITEAD OS SDK development kit provides support for simple UART operations
- ITEAD OS SDK development kit provides simple upper-layer time operation functions
- ITEAD OS SDK development kit provides support for IIC bus operations
- ITEAD OS SDK development kit provides support for SSD16-based IIC interfaced OLED screen operations
- ITEAD OS SDK development kit provides support for SIM900 GSM / GPRM modules based on UART interfaces
Preloaded the following common tools software :
- Vim: Text Editor
- Git: Shared virtual hosting services of Git version control system project
- Samba: SMB / CIFS networking protocol link software between UNIX and Windows
- Build-essential: to support compiling environment such as gcc, etc.
- Perl: programming language tool
- SSH: Secure Network connection program
- Python: python language compiling tool
- Minicom: Device Interface monitoring software
The ITEAD OS SDK version is the initial 1.0.0, which is added with support for IIC operation as well as operation support for another two modules- IIC interfaced OLED screen and UART-interfaced SIM900 GSM/GPRS module in addition to basic GPIO and UART interface operations same with the BETA test version. With various API's at bus interface , users can easily operate UART and IIC devices; while with API's on the modules, users can use the functions in the library directly to control OLED screen for display or to send text messages through SIM900.
For details about SDK and the instructions, we will publish in the next blog, so stay tuned .