Flexible Printed Circuits, also known as flex circuits, is a technology for assembling electronic circuits by mounting electronic devices on flexible plastic substrates, such as polyimide, PEEK or transparent conductive polyester film. Additionally, flex circuits can be screen printed silver circuits on polyester. Flexible electronic assemblies may be manufactured using identical components used for rigid printed circuit boards, allowing the board to conform to a desired shape, or to flex during its use. These flexible printed circuits (FPC) are made with a photolithographic technology. FPCs have several advantages in many applications:
- Tightly assembled electronic packages, where electrical connections are required in 3 axes, such as cameras (static application).
- Electrical connections where the assembly is required to flex during its normal use, such as folding cell phones (dynamic application).
- Electrical connections between sub-assemblies to replace wire harnesses, which are heavier and bulkier, such as in cars, rockets and satellites.
- Electrical connections where board thickness or space constraints are driving factors.
There are a few basic constructions of flexible circuits but there is significant variation between the different types in terms of their construction.ITEAD now just offer the Single-sided flex circuits and Double-sided flex circuits prototyping service.
The same as our PCB prototyping service, the FPC prototyping service provide 10pcs FPCs as well, and you need to choose the different service depend on the size of your design:
- - 2Layer and smaller than 5cm x 5cm
- - 2Layer and smaller than 5cm x 10cm
- - 2Layer and smaller than 10cm x 10cm
After purchasing the right service, you will get the confrim email with your order number, you can send your gerber file to pcb#iteadstudio.com with your order number. The lead time of FPC will a bit longer than PCB service, it need 6-12 working days to build your circuit. After the boards return to us, we will ship them out asap and update you the track number.